Our Competitive Dance Program, otherwise known as “Company” is made up of dancers between the ages of 5 and 18 who have an interest in taking their dance training to a higher level. Company dancers audition and are placed into one of 5 different groups based on age and skill level. These groups practice 2-5 days a week and compete 3-10 times per year. Our Company dancers compete throughout the Southeast and are highly regarded on the competition circuit.
If you are interested in Company for the upcoming year, we suggest taking as many classes in Progressive Program as possible, especially Ballet, Jazz, and Contemporary. Let us know if you have any questions, we are happy to help. Email Nancy Andrews Roque for more information.
Company Interest Meetings
If you would like to learn more about our competitive program at APA, we are holding TWO Interest Meetings to give you a better understanding of our Company and answer any questions you may have. If you can’t make it to either Interest Meeting, please contact Nancy Andrews Roque, our Company Director.
Company Auditions 2022
Join us at APA for our company audition clinic and auditions! All APA members are invited to join us for the company audition clinic and auditions. If you are unable to make the May audition, please email our Company Director, Nancy Andrews Roque for more information regarding the video audition process.
Some things to note about the company auditions:
- The company audition clinic is not mandatory, but highly encouraged for all dancers. Dancers who attend the in-person clinic will automatically receive the media packet of recorded audition tutorials included in the $40 fee.
- Dancers who are unable to attend the in-person clinic may still get the media packet of recorded audition tutorials for $30.
- Dancers will be taught audition combinations during the clinic.
- There will not be a separate re-audition held over the summer. Anyone who is unable to attend the auditions in May will be able to submit a video audition. All video auditions will be reviewed by the end of July for placement results.
- Even if a dancer is unable to attend the audition clinic, they will still be able to learn the combinations during the audition. The clinic simply offers dancers more time to practice the material and get teacher feedback to help them feel confident for the audition.