APA All Stars – Dance for ALL!
APA All Stars is geared to create a sensory friendly setting in which dancers with unique abilities that require specialized instruction can explore dance technique and creative movement while developing social skills to create friendships and just have FUN! Our goal is to help our dancers learn fundamental dance technique, grow socially, and build self-confidence in a fun, friendly environment. At APA we believe that individuals of all levels of ability should have the chance to dance.
Classes are taught by Ms. Eliza, a Registered Behavior Technician.
Our class dynamic is fun and challenging.
Sensory friendly with the use of visual supports.
- Dancers will build foundational skills through the use of repetition and encouragement.
- Students will develop social skills by engaging in peer interactions and cultivating relationships.
- Accommodations and modifications are made as needed to ensure each dancer feels comfortable and has the support they need to thrive.
- Time 5-11yrs: Mon 6:30pm-7:00pm
- Time 11-18yrs: Mon 7:00pm-7:30pm
- Ages: 5-11yrs | 11-18yrs
- Price: $50 one time payment (includes APA tshirt)
Eliza has a B.A. in Psychology and Dance from Meredith College in Raleigh, NC. She is currently working as a Registered Behavior Technician at the Meredith Autism Program, where she has worked for the last 3 years. Eliza is attaining supervision hours and completing her graduate school coursework at Capella University with the end goal of becoming a Board Certified Behavior Analyst. While she currently only works with preschoolers with Autism, Eliza has a wide variety of experience with all ages and varying needs. This is Eliza’s fourth year working at the Academy for the Performing Arts and she is very excited to be combining her love of dance with her love for working with children with all abilities!